• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Grand Saloon in the news

The Hairy Monk and Rodeo sound very good. Probably we should try the Hairy Monk this week. ;)
The best happy hours around

By: Tommy Crockett

Issue date: 2/26/07 Section: Leisure

Books, tuition and holiday expenses can tear a deep hole in a student's pocket. But with all the stress, sometimes we need to kick back and have a drink or a cocktail. Happy hour was invented to draw customers in during the slow hours and to get them sloshed before 9 p.m. It has been very cold out lately so here is a list of a few bars around Baruch that will help you get your drink on and keep you nice and warm.

Grand Saloon
158 East 23rd Street
[imga=right]http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper909/stills/x097o4iu.jpg[/imga]

A majority of bars I noticed had one thing in common: they all dropped a dollar off their beers and house cocktails from about 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Grand Saloon, which is conveniently located on 23rd Street between Lexington and 3rd Avenue offers great music and a nice variety of food. With a nice Irish atmosphere and good pals around you, you are bound to forget that it's below the freezing mark outside.

The Hairy Monk
337 Third Avenue

Another great bar to drop into after a long lecture is The Hairy Monk. Just across 3rd Avenue, on the corner of 25th Street is this ever quaint and charming pub. With friendly bartenders and a comfortable atmosphere, it makes you feel right at home. They serve a good selection of tap beers and drinks. They also serve food, but most people stick to good ol' drinking. Cheers!

Rodeo
375 Third Avenue

Just up the block from The Hairy Monk is Rodeo. This bar has the feel of a Texas rodeo. From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., the bar serves $3 drafts and cheap, delicious margaritas that will make you believe you're sitting on a beach. They also have featured shots each day and a great variety of food.

I like the Long Island Ice "TEA" (tough I couldn't finish it) and their onion ring....looking forwards to next time.

I like the Long Island Ice "TEA" (tough I couldn't finish it) and their onion ring....looking forwards to next time.

hmmm.... sounds interseting. How about heading there this Wednesday? If so it happens, I will go this time too. :D

We've been to the Hairy Monk if I'm not mistaken. Not the best place if you have a group of more than 3-4 people. I vote for Grand Saloon :)

Thursday is too late. Last Thur, Eddie, Yusheng, Kim and Rushali and me tried to make it at another Grand Sichuan around 9 Ave and 51 St...but when we get there, almost every restaurant closed....it turned out to be a not bad Thai food night....

Tonight is fine for me..

Back