• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Greetings, all.

Hello, everyone. My name is Sebastian and I am a recent undergraduate transfer at Baruch. I became interested in Baruch's MFE program while doing research on Baruch before enrolling.

I discovered an article wherein the Dr. Stefanica, the program director, mentions a specific concentration offered under Baruch's Mathematics major, the "Mathematics of Finance" concentration, which specifically put together for the purpose of preparing students to enter a career as quants. (For anyone interested, the article can be seen here).

Being a recent transfer, I still have quite a few required "core curriculum" courses to fulfill, and I figured I would use this time to my advantage to see if I am, indeed, strong enough in mathematics to go all the way one day as a quant. I do love math but have yet to take my first calculus course (that'll change this coming Monday) and so have no real basis on wihch to project my future performance.

I look through this forum a lot (a lot!) and wanted to sign up in case I ever had any questions all the knowledgable people here could answer.

That's all from me for now. Thanks for reading!

Back