• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Headache: Cornell AOR, Imperial RMFE, BU, or UCB?

Hey guys,

I have been accepted to Cornell AOR, BU MSMF, and Imperial Risk Management and Financial Engineering. I am still waiting for UCB and NYU. (I dont think I can make it into NYU)

As of now Im aiming towards Cornell. I am considering Imperial as well but I do not see any point moving to the UK as I have been in the states since high school. I mean the school brand and course contents are pretty much on the same line except a location. I think between these two it all comes down to where I want to study/work. Do you all agree with me?

I have a deadline coming up but UCB has not released the second round result yet I believe. I submitted my application around the second week of Feb, and it says on the website that the decision will be out no later than June. I really do not want to push them to give me my admission decision considering it has been just about a month and a half since they got my application.

So it comes down to Cornell and UCB. Which one is worth going to? Should I bother emailing them to rush through my application because I have a deadline to meet?

Thanks for your inputs in advance!
Nuttavut

If you getinto UCB go there. They had 100% placement for internship this year and basically all at Associate level. They placed all their students like more than 2 months ago.

Cornell AOR places pretty darned well, but Berkeley also has a great program which might wind up costing less. I think you can rule out BU and perhaps Imperial at this point if you want to work in New York.

Back