• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Health Insurance

Hello,

Does Baruch College a pro rated insurance policy. i.e. If I land in early for the refresher courses will I be able to get an insurance from the day I land in US to the start of the first semester.

In this case I wont be charged for the entire semester.

Regards

Does Baruch College a pro rated insurance policy. i.e. If I land in early for the refresher courses will I be able to get an insurance from the day I land in US to the start of the first semester.
Most likely it is not, since to receive the college insurance you need at least 6 credits, and the refreshers are not counted towards credits. Also, as far as I know, the Summer semester is counted as the 2007-2008 academic year at Baruch. I would contact Baruch Health Center or the office of the Dean of Students with the question, it is always worth a try.
...All matriculted CUNY students registered for six or more credits are eligible to enroll for medical and hospital insurance coverage that offers a wide range of benefits. Health coverage is offered through Group Health Incorporated (GHI).... More information about GHI and how to enroll for coverage will be mailed to you shortly after you begin your first term here. If you prefer you can contact the office of the Dean of Students.

Back