• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Hi all...

I am a new entrant and also an aspirant of MFE. Pretty relieved to have found a site which deals with financial engineering and related admission FAQs.

Can someone evaluate my profile and guide me. I am really keen to pursue a course in financial engineering from a good university starting Fall 2009.

GRE score: 1300/1600
Break Up: Verbal(540), Quant(760)
TOEFL: Yet to take this but expect about 100 (iBT)

Educational Qualification: BE (Electronics and Communication)

Work Experience: Will complete 2 yrs in a leading IT organisation by September 2008.

Technical Experience: C, C++, C#, .Net and Sql

Domain Experience: Banking

Also planning to take some NSE and investment banking certifications to augment my profile.

Still a bit in a dillema as to how feasible will my plan be considering no related work ex and background in Finance.

Earnestly look forward for any suggestions as in:
universities to apply as per my profile
the best time to apply (is it true that the earlier you apply more are the chances)
any other add ons that can help strengthen my profile

Regards..

We don't evaluate profiles. You need to apply to know if you have a chance or not.

We mostly deal with NYC-based programs so you should definitely look at our wiki
www.quantnet.com/wiki

The best time to apply is before the deadline.
Some programs have round 1, 2, 3, etc like UCB, CMU which people believe it's easier to get in early round.
Some other programs like Baruch has no round and you have the same chance as long as you apply before the deadline (April 30)

The best thing you can do for your future study is to read, read and do more research about each program you plan to apply. There are plenty of misinformation online and you have to independent verify everything you read. Don't just go by what you read online.

Thanks Alain, Andy and Rachit for your prompt responses....

Hi Rachit, I graduated from Technocrats Institute of Technology under RGPV university, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) and my percentage were 73%. Well that's probably a GPA ~ 3

Any chance...? What do you say?

How was your profile like..must be good..!!

Back