• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Hi:im from mumbai

Hi
im tushar from mumbai.done my comp engg from tsec,university of mumbai
My gpas gd 3.9 and gre too 1430(800+630)
however i have n work ex.
How wld u rate my chances at baruch.watever profiles of current students i have seen are all iitians..
CLd ull suggest other programs too.
Thanks alot

Tushar,
Welcome to the quantnet..
Before any further comments on the post.....I would suggest you to post your profile in detail ( you can refer to the Profile posts of the current students) Profiles-page3
Also you can try Quantnet Wiki , this should give you all the details you need regarding FE programs and differences.

good luck.

Anshul

Hi
im tushar from mumbai.done my comp engg from tsec,university of mumbai
My gpas gd 3.63 and gre too 1430(800+630)
however i have n work ex.
How wld u rate my chances at baruch.watever profiles of current students i have seen are all iitians..
CLd ull suggest other programs too.
Thanks alot

Tushar,

You seem to have a decent GRE score. However, I am confused how did you report your GPA as 3.63 because I believe that no Institute in India follows the scale of 4.0.
We have students in the program who just completed their undergrad and do not have any work experience. So I do not see that point as a negative in your profile, atleast as far as Baruch is concerned:). What you need to mention is the outline of coursework related to finance, computer programming and mathematics you undertook in your undergrad, the internships, seminars etc. you were involved in and why do you want to pursue Financial Engineering.

All the best
Rachit

Back