• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Hotel deals in Montreal

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 261pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="348"><col style="width: 261pt;" width="348"><tr style="height: 63pt;" height="84"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 63pt; width: 261pt;" height="84" width="348">I am an indian student looking for rental in Montreal for one yearduring my studies, and I wonder If I should trust owners or I deal with a company specialized in this ?

Hope to hear good from all

Thanks
</td> </tr></table>

I assume you mean housing, and not an actual hotel.

I don't think you'll have much trouble dealing with anyone directly. It's Canada, man. I lived in Toronto 5 years and I never used any service. It's generally not something people use when renting in Canada, and there's no concept of broker fees. Maybe in some crazy housing situation like Vancouver, but I don't even think they have it there.

There is a decent sized Indian community in Montreal, I'm sure they have an association or even the school may have one that may be able to guide you if you are looking for people you can trust. But, like I said, if it's a decent apartment, I wouldn't be concerned.

I suggest you to stay at some temp. place for a week or two and then look for apt.
For temp. (or sometimes longer contracts) you can look up McGill's classifieds:

Classified ads

Concordia university also has a similar website (I don't remember the address).

good luck.

Well I will suggest you to go for rental apartments in hotels

I have experience with a company when I stayed 6 months during my Internship training in Montreal

You can check it here <a href="http://www.mystudiomontreal.com/">Montreal Furnished Apartments</a>

Otherwise you may go towards home owners too . But the draw back of this is they will deal you as a stranger not as a guest . So be careful .

Hope this will help you .

I'm from Montreal and currently living there.

There's a lot of housing near Concordia University and it's generally cheaper than similar housing near McGill (due to the fact that it's located a little further from the center of downtown, amongst other things).

Anyway, the post above mine was good in that if you don't go for an already furnished place, you will be treated as a stranger and not as a guest.

So, a furnished place definetly saves you time and energy.

However, there are a lot of cheap rentals around. You can check Craigslist which I find to be normally reliable (I found the place I'm currently living in on Craigslist).

Also, the advantage of Craigslist is that you can do a lease tranfer and look into whatever older rate the tenant was paying instead of having to deal with higher rates by going through the building manager.

But, if money isn't much of an issue, there are some really nice pre-furnished places that you would be much better off in.

Back