• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How can I make my application competitive?

currently pursuing an MA in Economics, by the time I apply, my CGPA realistically would be only 3.5-3.6 out of 4 because I've failed one subject (macroeconomics). The degree is fairly quantitative, I've taken python for a semester over the summer and I'll be taking machine learning, advanced econometrics and time series next semester. I had finance in undergrad. There are 2 issues,

a) very low cgpa in undergrad, and now i've somehow f***ed up my masters grades. I'll be retaking the subject but It'll be in the spring semester, so well past the application assessment.
b) I literally have no experience, I'm taking the summer to learn C++ so I wont be doing any internship now either.

I've had mental health issues and I've only started to get things in order so I'm also a bit older, I understand The only thing I have on my side is time, I have 7 months left in this year. But I know theyre going to be enough, I intend to use them properly. I just need some direction.

Back