• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

how difficult it would be to get into top 5 MFE programs.? need advice..!!

How realistic it is for me to get in to top 5 programs?

• Not at all

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Yes it is achievable

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
currently I am a grad student in MSF course at UIC in Chicago. I had my undergrad in civil engineering and which was not at all quantitative and I have nearly no experience in computer programming other than few course that I took of python and r. I am appearing for FRM level 1 in this October and level 2 in may 2021. After graduating from my MSF course I am planning to work few years before applying to any program and also take c++ courses of the quantnet.

MSF expected GPA 3.5
GRE Q:163,V:154 (will appear again if needed)
No relevant work experince in finance or any quantitative field
How realistic it is for me to get in to top 5 programs?
If it is realistic what are things I should prepare my self with before applying to any MFE programs.?

Thanks
Much appreciated.!!

Last edited:
Back