• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How qualify the Baruch?

I am from China.So many people said Baruch had a strict standard for IBT or GRE
I graguaded from Tsinghua and worked for years,but i did not get pretty enough
grades for IBT or GRE.Should I have a try?Thanks!

We no longer require the TOEFL test for international students. An interview (in-person or over the phone) is part of the admission process before an admission offer to the Baruch MFE Program is made. The ability to communicate in English will be assessed at that time.

As for the GRE scores, we look at every application as a complete package, which includes not only the quantifiable parts, such as the GPA and GRE scores, but also the personal essay, the letters of recommendation, and other general considerations, such as relevant work experience and the strength of the mathematical and C++ programming background of the applicant.

Good luck with your application!

We no longer require the TOEFL test for international students. An interview (in-person or over the phone) is part of the admission process before an admission offer to the Baruch MFE Program is made. The ability to communicate in English will be assessed at that time.

As for the GRE scores, we look at every application as a complete package, which includes not only the quantifiable parts, such as the GPA and GRE scores, but also the personal essay, the letters of recommendation, and other general considerations, such as relevant work experience and the strength of the mathematical and C++ programming background of the applicant.

Good luck with your application!

But since the admission rate is only 8%, it seems impossible for one to be admitted if he/she does not qualify for the quantifiable parts. Or is this true?

Thanks!

The Admission Committee evaluates applications in their entirety, without a minimum requirement for GRE or GPA scores. This includes not only the quantifiable parts, such as the GPA and the test scores, but also the personal essay, the letters of recommendation, and other general considerations, such as relevant work experience and the strength of the mathematical and C++ programming background of the applicant.

According to the program information on the website,the international students should send the TOEFL score to school.So confusing!

After going through this thread, i am little confused. I've completed my education from IIT Kanpur, and few days back sent an email to baruch admission committee "regarding requirement of TOEFL score". In my email, i wrote that the medium of instruction at my college was English. And their reply was
TOEFL is required from all applicants who completed their degree in a country where English is not the native language even their studies were conducted in English.

Could somebody please confirm me whether i am required to submit TOEFL scores, as i will have to appear for TOEFL.

The email you received was erroneuos. (Please forward it via pm to my account on QN.)

I can confirm that TOEFL is no longer required for admission to the Baruch MFE Program.

Back