• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How to convert GPA?

I am a student from IIT (India). Our grading system is on a scale of 10. According to Baruch's recommended converstion method A=4, B=3.. so C=2 and D=1, while if I convert using ratios our B=3.2, C=2.4 and D=1.6 (its a lot of difference!).. another issue: am I expected to convert each individual grades and then find out the converted cumulative GPA?

Regardless how you change your GPA on a 4.0 scale, we know how to read IIT GPAs on a 0-10 scale. Good luck!

I come from Delhi University i am applying for the mfe fall 2010 program , but my college does not have a a gpa system, marks are given out of hundred for each subject . There is no formula to convert the marks into GPA either. An official statement is provided by the university that we do not provide gpa's

I have 69% aggregate out of hundred

what should i do?

I don't think the universities in US will take your word on the conversion from your scale to GPA. You don't need to do anything if your university is known here.

What is a safe litmus test to ascertain if a given university is recognized in the US or not? I'd assume that the presence of the university name in the drop down menu while selecting a college in the online application process is a reasonable indicator?

What is a safe litmus test to ascertain if a given university is recognized in the US or not? I'd assume that the presence of the university name in the drop down menu while selecting a college in the online application process is a reasonable indicator?

You can get an evaluation by WES to give your degree and course equivalency for US schools. http://www.wes.org I had to do it to get my transfer credits from my Canadian school, rather than rely on the US School to do it.

I am a student from IIT (India). Our college has absolute grading sytem on a 0-10 scale. Also the credits assigned for each course were different. I am applying to Baruch MFE program. What conversion scale should i use CGPA to GPA conversion? I need to to mention the GPA on a scale of 4 in the application. Please provide your valuable suggestion ASAP!!!

Back