• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

I got an email from UBA

I got this in my email spam box. I really feel sorry for the situation UBA is in. I think we should help him reclaim his money. I'm not interested in 20% of his money. Really.

After all, all he needs now is an honest, reputable and capable partner who can receive this money on my behalf, without disclosing my identity

I am UBA ALFA AHMED , one time "Confidential Secretary" to the former Nigerian Head of State, Late General Sani Abacha, whose sudden death occurred on 8th of June, 1998.

Because of my strategic position in his Goverment, and also being his close confidant , I was able to acquire personally, the sum of $70,000,000.00USD (Seventy Million United States Dollars), presently lodged in a sub-regional security/trust company, that has affiliates around the world. I made this money largely through "CONSULTANCY FEES" and HONORARIUM from Contractors and Companies.

You may be aware that a huge sum of Abachas' was recovered after his death . For verification, check this: The deal on Abacha's loot - Global Policy Forum - Nations and States
This sad development had put his cronies at large. I sincerely solicit for your full trust, confidence, capability, and high level secrecy, to receive this money for me, because I don't have the official backing to move this money. Direct transfer of this money into any bank abroad will be arduous considering its nature and circumstances. As a result, I have gone a step ahead to conclude arrangements with the security company for this fund to be possibly paid through any of its affiliate offices in Europe or Asia. This will be more convenient, safer and essentially risk-free. It will also give this transaction the absolute secrecy it requires.

All I need now is an honest, reputable and capable partner who can receive this money on my behalf, without disclosing my identity. On your acceptance to go into this transaction with me, Kindly send the following to me via email:

YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS, YOUR DIRECT PHONE AND FAX NUMBERS, YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS.

I will give you adequate guidelines on how this will be done. On conclusion of this transaction, you will be compensated with 20% of the fund. If there is any question, please don't hesitate to ask.

FOR FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE,PLEASE REPLY ME THROUGH MY PRIVATE EMAIL: u_alfalfa1@yahoo.com

Yours sincerely,

UBA ALFA AHMED

I got this in my email spam box. I really feel sorry for the situation UBA is in. I think we should help him reclaim his money. I'm not interested in 20% of his money. Really.

After all, all he needs now is an honest, reputable and capable partner who can receive this money on my behalf, without disclosing my identity

These scammers are just out to get your personal identity.

Try emailing him back with another spam.. if he replies then it wil be fun .. i have tried so many times oto teach these spammers a lesson but heheh they didn reply to the emails.

anyways good luck with your philathropy Mike

btw, never reply to spam. Especially don't click the "Remove me from the list" button. If you do, they will know that you are a real person and will sign you up for 10 more lists.

Try emailing him back with another spam.. if he replies then it wil be fun .. i have tried so many times oto teach these spammers a lesson but heheh they didn reply to the emails.

anyways good luck with your philathropy Mike

huh?

btw, never reply to spam. Especially don't click the "Remove me from the list" button. If you do, they will know that you are a real person and will sign you up for 10 more lists.
This is true. Sounds like Woody experienced this first hand ;)

You've been a man of few words lately, Mike. It does not sound like the RussianMike we know :D

This is true. Sounds like Woody experienced this first hand ;)

You've been a man of few words lately, Mike. It does not sound like the RussianMike we know :D

Not too much time to talk :) I couldnt understand what Nalin was talking about. Still dont

Not too much time to talk :) I couldnt understand what Nalin was talking about. Still dont
phi·lan·thro·py (f?-l?n'thr?-p?) pronunciation
n., pl. -pies.

1. The effort or inclination to increase the well-being of humankind, as by charitable aid or donations.
2. Love of humankind in general.
3. Something, such as an activity or institution, intended to promote human welfare
I'm not sure what Nalin meant but from the definition, it looks like he said you are doing something good :)

Back