• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Info needed about Columbia MSOR

HI All,

I have a few queries regarding Columbia MSOR as i am a prospective student of FAll 2011 for this prog.

1. Could anyone please provide the internship scene of current batch and the full time placement scene of the batch pass outs. Any info regarding this would be helpful.
2. I specifically want to know the profiles that are offered to people during internships and full time.
3. Do people get into trading and quant and M&A roles with MSOR with FE electives if they dont have prior finance background just Btech.
4.What besides MSOR a person should do that would increase his chances in landing up into these profiles.

1,2,3 no one can answer ;) I was interested in these very same issues and Columbia did nothing but told me to check on their website. On their website there is nothing specific. Good Luck.

No, but I really gave it a thought. I chose another program, there is a topic somewhere, where I discussed it a lot ;)

adt could you please tell me what another program did you choose plus please paste the link where you have discussed.

HI All,

I have a few queries regarding Columbia MSOR as i am a prospective student of FAll 2011 for this prog.

1. Could anyone please provide the internship scene of current batch and the full time placement scene of the batch pass outs. Any info regarding this would be helpful.
2. I specifically want to know the profiles that are offered to people during internships and full time.
3. Do people get into trading and quant and M&A roles with MSOR with FE electives if they dont have prior finance background just Btech.
4.What besides MSOR a person should do that would increase his chances in landing up into these profiles.

run a search in these forums there's been a lot of discussion about this

Back