GENERAL Installing Boost (Up to date)

You should create an empty project (a project without stdafx.h, targetver.h and stdafx.h). You should see this option somewhere after clicking "Creare new Project".

You shouldn't modify VC++ Directories as shown in your first picture.

Picture 2 and 3 look good and are all you need for boost to work.
Thank you! It seems to work. The last question is that do I have to set the two paths every time I create a project?

Anqi Shi

C++ Student
@APalley
I have done as the above instructions to set path in additional lib directories and include path.
It seems to work only for the project that I changed path. When I start another new project, it does not work... and the example code always fail.
And I use VS2017

GONG CHEN

C++ Student
@APalley
I have done as the above instructions to set path in additional lib directories and include path.
It seems to work only for the project that I changed path. When I start another new project, it does not work... and the example code always fail.
And I use VS2017
That's expected. You will need to set boost path every time you create a new project if you need boost (i.e. in these two places 1.5 - Link error when using boost library of date_time)

There are ways to make it a default include directory of VS, but I wouldn't recommend change those settings.

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
Hi Gong and Avi,
I use 1.62 for a while :)
Is there an automagic installer (like in the old days :) that does the installation for Boost 1.68 and Visual Studio 2017? Or is it bjam thingy still?