• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Interview 2021 invite by February.

Any idea about the acceptance rate of those who got the interview invitation?

I believe if you get an interview you have a high chance. After I got an interview I got in. But it’s a long tough interview. I found it harder then the Princeton interview.
Hi sir, I am yet to receive an invite when do you think is the last day they would stop sending invites. Could you help me with my admission priority order I am from cs and ml background with interest to become a front desk quant.
Cmu > Columbia > NYU > Stony B (felt they have good curriculum) > Gatech (alumni are having more careers in data science and less quant) > NCSU (felt they drive students to more risk related roles) > Univ of Minnesota.

It's hard to say about the last day they send out invites. They mention that you can get an interview invite anytime before the decision date. People have got interview invites in the last week of February too. You should take a look at the previous year's threads about the interviews to get a better idea

It's hard to say about the last day they send out invites. They mention that you can get an interview invite anytime before the decision date. People have got interview invites in the last week of February too. You should take a look at the previous year's threads about the interviews to get a better idea
yah correct, maybe we can wait until march 1st or so. did you get any admits so far?

I believe if you get an interview you have a high chance. After I got an interview I got in. But it’s a long tough interview. I found it harder then the Princeton interview.
Did your interview go beyond 30 minutes? Would you say based on your experience that interview that goes longer could be a positive sign? But I am also aware that the 30-minute time slots are provided without breaks so does it mean that the interview will be max 30 minutes long? Thanks!

First of all I haven’t been in talks with admissions so I have no clue whether today is the last day. Also I remember my meeting going 45 minutes, just from memory so take it with a grain of salt. I was also in round 2 so that may play a factor here.

Mine only went for 20 minutes and more than ten minutes was me asking the admission officer questions. She just asked some standard questions like what courses I am taking and my hobbies but didn't go really deep into the resume. And she said the decisions will be released on March 8th. Not sure if the interview went well.

Mine only went for 20 minutes and more than ten minutes was me asking the admission officer questions. She just asked some standard questions like what courses I am taking and my hobbies but didn't go really deep into the resume. And she said the decisions will be released on March 8th. Not sure if the interview went well.
Thanks for sharing with us your experience.

Are you an international student? Just have a theory that most of the applicants being currently interviewed are having an US undergrad degree or currently working/based in US.

Are you an international student? Just have a theory that most of the applicants being currently interviewed are having an US undergrad degree or currently working/based in US.
Yeah I am an international student but I went to college in the US. Hope that helps!

Hi, was it a clear pattern every year or did you identify it this time only. Do you know when do international students get their invite ?.

I am an international student and I got an interview invite in December, so I don’t believe that’s the case.

I am an international student and I got an interview invite in December, so I don’t believe that’s the case.
You seem to be an outlier. Possibly you are an exceptional candidate which CMU does not want to miss out on or may be unique, as most others who got an invite had interviews in January and are international applicant. Anyway congrats to you.

Got an interview invite on 2/1 and finished the interview yesterday. There were slots on Feb 2,3,5,6.

Back