• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interview : Acceptance Ratio

Hi, I was wondering if there was any data available on what fraction of interviewees received acceptances for mfe programs. any insight would be helpful

It's some function f(NumberApps,AcceptanceRate,AdminTeamSize)? 50% is the rough number in my head, but I have no idea where that came from or why I have that impression. Maybe that's likely to change with more schools using video essays as a way to screen.

Princeton's email mentioned that they invited 100 candidates for interview, so if we take something like 25-35 as in previous years' number of admitted students, that'd be around 25-35% rate of admission among the interviewees.

I don't recall ever seeing the number of interviewed applicants from other programs like Columbia, CMU, Berkeley etc. Considering how little we know I think it's better to not worry about it (not like you can do anything after taking the interview anyway) and focus your attention elsewhere. I have to admit I'm still tempted to check Quantnet forums to see if others heard back from any of those programs I've applied to though. :whistle:

Princeton's email mentioned that they invited 100 candidates for interview, so if we take something like 25-35 as in previous years' number of admitted students, that'd be around 25-35% rate of admission among the interviewees.

I don't recall ever seeing the number of interviewed applicants from other programs like Columbia, CMU, Berkeley etc. Considering how little we know I think it's better to not worry about it (not like you can do anything after taking the interview anyway) and focus your attention elsewhere. I have to admit I'm still tempted to check Quantnet forums to see if others heard back from any of those programs I've applied to though. :whistle:
Being on the other side, it would have been way smarter for me to use the time I spent worrying and wondering reading quant interview questions

It's going to be difficult to find a distraction for the next month (with regards to Princeton post-interview).

Back