• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interview books

Hello quantnet I need some advice. Im prepping again for interviews and just had an internship at a large asset manager doing asset allocation model. I’m looking for good interview books or resources to prepare me to apply for asset management and quant trading positions. Any advice or recommendations?

These are the books that i think are most helpful:
-A Practical Guide to Finance Interviews, Xinfeng Zhou
- Quant Job Interview, Mark Joshi et al.

Good luck!

These are the books that i think are most helpful:
-A Practical Guide to Finance Interviews, Xinfeng Zhou
- Quant Job Interview, Mark Joshi et al.

Good luck!
Thanks what kind of jobs are you applying to. I’m gonna apply late November/December due to some health stuff but only looking at trading or set management for now

@Michsund - buy side are less into the brain teasers than sell side I think. Take this w/ grain of salt, since I was middle office and never directly interviewed for research yet. I did have a few of the "light a rope at both ends" and large circularly violent villages with axes, and maybe even find the fastest horse out of 25 w/ min number.

Off the beaten path, "Moscow Puzzles" is a good set, and Kritzman's The Portable Financial Analyst has some cool ones.

the classic interview books don't put as much emphasis on regression and coding, which is what buy side is more so testing nowadays. brainteaser or not depends on whether they have a large enough pool of applicants that brainteasers are needed to whittle down the pool, otherwise why can't they just directly assess your skills with a take home data science challenge.

this one is free but imo the best resource

what are good books for quant analyst/research intern positions
PS- i do not have too much finance knowledge

also, which books are good for beginners in general? are books like "options futures and other derivatives" by john hull and books on stochastic calculus a good place to start. and are suuch books needed for interviews?

Back