• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

interview (credit strategy)

Hi Guys,

I have a phone interview with an IBank in Credit Strategy group. What sort of questions to expect. I am a recent MSFE graduate and have no relevant experience in this field. Will they be expecting knowledge of credit derivatives or will it be brainteaser type interview. I had a first round phone screen on fundamental probability/stochastic processes.

Can anyone please guide me to a good resource for credit derivatives interview preparation.

Thanks,

This role does sound more like research, rather than hardcore technical so most likely you will be asked questions to check your understanding of fundamental in credit derivatives.
This is assuming the "credit" title refers to "credit derivatives". If not, it can be totally different, as in "credit card", "consumer credit", "credit score", etc

I'll start with Hull's chapters on credit derivatives
Then QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum - Download Research Papers - [Lehman Brothers] Structured Credit Strategy - Ann
QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum - Download Research Papers - [Bank of America] Credit Strategy - Monolines - A
QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum - Download Research Papers - [Deutsche Bank] Quantitative Credit Strategy - Aug

Do a search for "credit derivatives" in our Download section to get more paper.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the links. The papers look great. But i think i need to first understand the fundamentals to go through the papers.

Its a desk strategist role, not a research role. Do you have any links for commonly asked interview questions on credit derivatives.

Thanks,

With a general title such as desk credit strategist, I'm afraid I don't have anything else useful to say other than what I previously mentioned.
That should give you plenty to read for.
Hi Andy,

I have an interview scheduled for Credit Strategy Analyst in few days from now. Can you help me in undertanding what kind of questions can i expect.

Kindly find attached the job description for the same

Attachments

• JD.pdf
    438.4 KB · Views: 209
Back