Columbia MFE Interview Invite 2021

Are you able to repeat the questions if you mess up?
No. You're able to test your mic/audio as much as you want beforehand, but once you click 'ready' and you're given the 3 questions, you have 90 seconds to think of a response and then you're given one shot to record your answer. You'll have a timer at the bottom of your screen showing you how much of the 3 minutes are left; your recording is then automatically submitted once the time is up.

oooh I think I confused the masters in financial engineering with the masters in financial economics.

*** FOR MASTERS IN FINANCIAL ECONOMICS THERE IS NO VIDEO INTERVIEW ***

In case other applicants are concerned, I emailed admissions and they said no video interview for Financial Economics, there is an interview for financial engineering. Hope this helps anyone else who was concerned that they didn't receive a link :)

oooh I think I confused the masters in financial engineering with the masters in financial economics.

*** FOR MASTERS IN FINANCIAL ECONOMICS THERE IS NO VIDEO INTERVIEW ***

In case other applicants are concerned, I emailed admissions and they said no video interview for Financial Economics, there is an interview for financial engineering. Hope this helps anyone else who was concerned that they didn't receive a link :)
Hi, did they mention the interview for financial engineering is a pre-recorded one or a zoom interview?

They didn't mention it. Sorry

I know that other schools, like MIT, have both. Most schools want to meet you in person before they accept you.

Yes, I am glad for the admission. The dinger is to accept/deny by 23rd, with $4K deposit. I am not sure about such an aggressive timeline.
Any comments?

I got an admit on the same day as a few others reported in this post. I did not receive a zoom interview invite, and I think video intro (Optional) + pre-recorded question interview (available via link to the application) were the only interviews/recordings required for most I have heard from.

This thread primarily speaks about financial engineering interviews/admits.