• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Interview Invite 2021

Hi! Has anyone already received the Columbia MFE interview invite for fall'21?

The pre-recorded video or a personal interview? I guess everyone gets the pre-recorded one

I received the pre-recorded video interview after submitting the application. Would there be any personal interview also?

I submitted on 4th January. Last year, people got the interview invite around this time. I thought to ask if somebody gets any invite yet or not.

I received the pre-recorded video interview after submitting the application. Would there be any personal interview also?
I guess so. But it’s not necessary as stated on the website. Some people receive the admit without any interview.

I can confirm that last year I got admitted without any in-person interview. I'm not sure if that's the case with everyone else admitted, but I only did the 5 pre-recorded questions.

Does this means they received the same interview invite afterwards that we recorded after making the payment? So, no other interview this year?
I think so as we have submitted an 'Optional' video introduction and the pre-recorded interview, and those are enough data points to learn about any candidate's communication and behavioral skills.

I think people do get invites for a personal interview because many people from last year mentioned an interview in the application tracker section of Quantnet. Looking at the timeline of those interviews, it doesn't look like they are video response interviews.

To compare with last year schedule, I think it's best we check with @noether-skolem - Did you receive the link to 5 pre-recorded questions immediately after application submission or some time later? Thanks
Nope, I got an invitation for the pre-recorded questions around 3-4 weeks after I submitted my application, and I received my result 2-3 weeks after that.

I submitted the app on Jan 4th. I randomly logged in to double check everything is ok, then I saw the "video interview" link showed up in checklist. There was no email or anything. I completed the video interview, a couple of behavioral questions, time limit of 2 minutes. I did not hear anything since then.

I submitted the app on Jan 4th. I randomly logged in to double check everything is ok, then I saw the "video interview" link showed up in checklist. There was no email or anything. I completed the video interview, a couple of behavioral questions, time limit of 2 minutes. I did not hear anything since then.
Same here

Back