• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Interview Invite 2021

Are you able to repeat the questions if you mess up?
No. You're able to test your mic/audio as much as you want beforehand, but once you click 'ready' and you're given the 3 questions, you have 90 seconds to think of a response and then you're given one shot to record your answer. You'll have a timer at the bottom of your screen showing you how much of the 3 minutes are left; your recording is then automatically submitted once the time is up.

Will they send an online interview (Zoom) besides the recorded video one?

oooh I think I confused the masters in financial engineering with the masters in financial economics.

*** FOR MASTERS IN FINANCIAL ECONOMICS THERE IS NO VIDEO INTERVIEW ***

In case other applicants are concerned, I emailed admissions and they said no video interview for Financial Economics, there is an interview for financial engineering. Hope this helps anyone else who was concerned that they didn't receive a link :)

oooh I think I confused the masters in financial engineering with the masters in financial economics.

*** FOR MASTERS IN FINANCIAL ECONOMICS THERE IS NO VIDEO INTERVIEW ***

In case other applicants are concerned, I emailed admissions and they said no video interview for Financial Economics, there is an interview for financial engineering. Hope this helps anyone else who was concerned that they didn't receive a link :)
Hi, did they mention the interview for financial engineering is a pre-recorded one or a zoom interview?

They didn't mention it. Sorry

I know that other schools, like MIT, have both. Most schools want to meet you in person before they accept you.

Yes, I am glad for the admission. The dinger is to accept/deny by 23rd, with $4K deposit. I am not sure about such an aggressive timeline.
Any comments?

Just received my admit. Check your inboxes!!
Hi I was just wondering if you had to do a Zoom interview? and did you apply to the financial engineering or financial economics?

I got an admit on the same day as a few others reported in this post. I did not receive a zoom interview invite, and I think video intro (Optional) + pre-recorded question interview (available via link to the application) were the only interviews/recordings required for most I have heard from.

This thread primarily speaks about financial engineering interviews/admits.

Hi I was just wondering if you had to do a Zoom interview? and did you apply to the financial engineering or financial economics?
There's a separate thread on this forum for finanical economics

Hey everyone, anyone here end up going to Columbia? If so, how are you liking the program -- namely classes and interview/internship prospects? Just submitted my application, cheers!

Back