• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Interview invite?

Has anyone got an invite? If I follow last year's forum, by now most of the invites were out. Is it a delay on school's part or less activity on the forum?

According to the tracker, most people have note received interviews. But this could just be people not updating their entry.

I guess you are right. I saw someone updating the tracker with an interview date; probably I will get a ding :(

I just had an interview in Singapore this past Friday (29 Jan). She said that she will be interviewing applicants until the end of February.
How was the interview? Are the questions similar to what are shared online?

On MIT's website it said the applications are first read by adcom and then by faculty com... Wondering how heavily would the interview weigh in? It would be sad if faculty com ended up rejecting your app for whatever reason that has nothing to do with the interview...

I just had an interview in Singapore this past Friday (29 Jan). She said that she will be interviewing applicants until the end of February.

Hi Phongvasu,

Would you know until when they're interviewing in Singapore? Are there slots remaining when you signed up? Just evaluating my chances of still receiving an invite within the week since I'm also in Asia, and Singapore would be the nearest interview venue to me. Thanks in advance!

I also got my interview on 29th Jan in Singapore. When I registered there were only 4 available slots. I believe MIT had early interviews in Asia to avoid the Chinese holiday. Not sure whether they will send out more interview invites from this region.

I also got my interview on 29th Jan in Singapore. When I registered there were only 4 available slots. I believe MIT had early interviews in Asia to avoid the Chinese holiday. Not sure whether they will send out more interview invites from this region.

Hi Leepo, would you know the farthest date of interviews in Singapore?

the last slot I saw was on 29th Jan. Maybe each candidate was given 4 slots only, not sure about that.

Hi Phongvasu,

Would you know until when they're interviewing in Singapore? Are there slots remaining when you signed up? Just evaluating my chances of still receiving an invite within the week since I'm also in Asia, and Singapore would be the nearest interview venue to me. Thanks in advance!

Looks like Leepo has answered all the questions you want hahaha.

Yes! I received an interview invitation this morning. I'm based in western Canada and gonna travel all the way to the East Coast lol.... Guess the North American invitations are rolling out now.

Back