• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Interview invite?

I'm from Asia, and so I thought I missed the invitation since the first week of February has passed and I haven't received any email (especially since the Singapore interviews started during the last week of January). To my surprise, I got an interview invitation earlier this week, but asking me to go to Cambridge and not to an Asian location.

I'm from Asia, and so I thought I missed the invitation since the first week of February has passed and I haven't received any email (especially since the Singapore interviews started during the last week of January). To my surprise, I got an interview invitation earlier this week, but asking me to go to Cambridge and not to an Asian location.

Hope they are providing some sort of stipend for travel. I guess your profile was better than in the Americas and that they stopped interviewing in Asia...

Well done

Hope they are providing some sort of stipend for travel. I guess your profile was better than in the Americas and that they stopped interviewing in Asia...

Well done

Thanks londonguy. However, I expressed to them that it would be difficult to secure a visa in less than a month, but I was willing to fly in somewhere nearer. They replied to me and immediately booked me for a skype interview instead. I was hoping for an in person interview because it's naturally more advantageous for an applicant (in my view), but I will have to make do.

I'm wishing the rest all the best -- there's still a few hours to go. A week ago, I was bearish about my chances until I was surprised by the invitation, so don't lose hope!

Are u from China? Can I get to know when did you receive ur invitation?

Don't worry about Skype vs in person... Expectations will be lower over Skype, so it might actually be to your benefit

I can't believe still no answer. Not that I really think there's a good chance for some good new anyway at this point

Me neither; with Valentine's Day coming up, why is MIT playing games with my heart? ;)

Yep, I'm ever so slightly disappointed with the rejection letter. Expected a little more empathy from MIT in particular, but I understand they must be operating under their own constraints too.

Based on the threads of previous years, it seems that they will start revealing results from Monday 07 8AM EST.

Back