• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin Interview Tips for Princeton MFin

Some people appear to get in without ever having an alumni interview and in prior years there were some candidates that had the alumni interview scheduled before their actual interview, so it’s really unclear. Best you can do now is wait

Just curious, how do you people feel about your 1st round interviews? (e.g.Confident/Mediocre/Bombed)

Are all the decisions likely to come out at the same time? Seems to be so from trackers in past years but someone correct me if wrong.

Last year the people who got in found out a bit early on the same dayish. So it was like throughout the day and I believe next morning people got in. Then few days later everyone else was rejected

Just curious, how do you people feel about your 1st round interviews? (e.g.Confident/Mediocre/Bombed)

Mediocre :/ but I don't think the interview is a huge part of the application, except maybe to tie-break between two good candidates.

Mediocre :/ but I don't think the interview is a huge part of the application, except maybe to tie-break between two good candidates.
Not so sure about this--only top 100 interviewed, basically everyone is really good stats-wise. This figure cuts out enough people that everyone remaining will be relatively strong but not enough that the interview doesn't serve to differentiate. Then again, someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

Not so sure about this--only top 100 interviewed, basically everyone is really good stats-wise. This figure cuts out enough people that everyone remaining will be relatively strong but not enough that the interview doesn't serve to differentiate. Then again, someone should correct me if I'm wrong.
There's really no way of knowing unless you're on the admission committee. We'll see, it's out of our hands now. Good luck to you!

Mediocre for me, but I think interview plays a huge role. Given the top 100ish candidates are filtered out, it finally boils down to the interviews/interaction with the admissions committee and convince them you are the person and no one else. Else, on paper, everyone is more or less the same

I was told the interview is only an informational one. I guess it probably won't matter that much?

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the importance of the interview probably varies candidate to candidate

Some people said because alumni interview is supposed to be brief, it is unlikely to be quantitative and more likely to be about getting to know you. What are people's thoughts on this

I did a rough count on the number of people receiving interviews on open forums, such as the QuantNet tracker, 1point3acres.com and etc. It seems that ~ 25 people have indicated receiving first round interview for this program so far. By no means this is an exhaustive count. Just thought this info might be helpful for some.

Just heard back about who my interviewer will be.
Have you schedule that interview yet? Looks like the asked for the info first and then trying to reach out to alumni to see if they can find the interviewer.

Some people said because alumni interview is supposed to be brief, it is unlikely to be quantitative and more likely to be about getting to know you. What are people's thoughts on this
I’m also curious about this. Does anyone know whether it’s quantitative or just getting to know you?

For people who got the alumni interview, could you share a little bit about your backgrounds?

Back