• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Interviews and Decisions

hashedcrypt

C++ Certificate with Distinction
Some people seem to be receiving Columbia MFE decisions today. I submitted on the deadline day and haven't received an interview yet. Anybody on the same boat?

I didn't submit the optional video interview for Columbia, so i probably ruined my chances for it by the time I hit submit... lol

I didn't submit the optional video interview for Columbia, so i probably ruined my chances for it by the time I hit submit... lol
I didn't do that optional interview either since I know someone got in without any interviews.

I haven't received an email yet but I can see the result on the application portal. There's an "Offer" tab to the right of the application stuffs after you login.

I haven't received an email yet but I can see the result on the application portal. There's an "Offer" tab to the right of the application stuffs after you login.
Wait what does it look like? I didn’t see anything like that...

Wait what does it look like? I didn’t see anything like that...
I didn't see it either, but a number of my friends submitted by the deadline have received their offers. So I guess no email / status change probably means a rejection. Lol

I didn't see it either, but a number of my friends submitted by the deadline have received their offers. So I guess no email / status change probably means a rejection. Lol
It’s just the first day offers have been sent out. Maybe it’s still too early to tell. But thank you!

You mean you didn't receive the offer email, or you didn't take the interview?

It’s just the first day offers have been sent out. Maybe it’s still too early to tell. But thank you!
You are very welcome. Just to add a bit of detail, one of my friends from my university submitted the application at about the same time as me and even our last names are next to each other when ordered alphabetically.

He got the offer but I didn't.

I don't there would be any ways to interpret it other than taking it as a rejection (or waitlist, hopefully).

I meant I haven't received any offer email, but I did take the interview.

I can see an "Offer" tab on the application website as below:

687F109A-5159-448A-B58E-477B80A076C0.jpeg

Maybe they are doing it geographically? I took the interview on 14th Jan but didn’t get the email or see the offer tab :/

I submitted my application after the deadline. According to the website, I still have a chance if submit close to the deadline. But I have not received an interview. I'm wondering if anyone has similar experience? do I can a chance here?

Back