• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Interviews and Decisions

Maybe they are doing it geographically? I took the interview on 14th Jan but didn’t get the email or see the offer tab :/

Just my opinion but it might be better to stop worrying and obsessing about every possible explanation, given how little we know (and can confirm).

I'd assume they're sending admission offers on a rolling basis, so you still have a chance until they actually say "no". I'm in the same boat with CMU (probably worse as I haven't even gotten an interview invite).

I didn't submit the optional video interview too but I received the interview invite for the 5 non-technical questions some time back. I guess we should do what @noether-skolem is saying

I had submitted the optional video, but did not receive any interview yet. Can I assume they’re considering the optional video instead of the interview in my case?

Just my opinion but it might be better to stop worrying and obsessing about every possible explanation, given how little we know (and can confirm).

I'd assume they're sending admission offers on a rolling basis, so you still have a chance until they actually say "no". I'm in the same boat with CMU (probably worse as I haven't even gotten an interview invite).
True !

I had submitted the application way before the deadline and yet I haven't received any communication from them. So I guess it isn't about when you have submitted the application.

Same here submitted after the ddl and did not receive any message since then. I
I didn't receive the email saying my application was under review either. Does it mean that I submitted too late to catch the ddl?

There should be a "Thank you for submitting your application ..." email right after you submit the payment, but I don't recall anything else other than the interview invitation and admission result. They didn't even email me when my professors submitted their recommendation letters (had to login to check that the letters are received).

Small thing to point out, though I'm sure you have done so: check your junk/spam folders, amusingly every single email from Columbia I've received thus far ended up being flagged as spam.

Submitted 12/11 and interviewed 1/24. I didn't receive any other notifications beyond confirmation that my application was submitted and the video interview invite. Hopefully we hear some good news soon.

For those receiving the interview, did you guys do the optional video in the preliminary application? Data points seem to indicate that if you did the optional video, you don't get the interview, and vice versa. If someone can confirm that they did the optional video AND still got the interview, it's pretty much game over for those who didn't receive the interview

I know someone who had submitted the video introduction and also got the interview invite

I think the optional video does not play a big role. I got the offer on Tuesday while there was zero view for the optional video.

Does everyone who has already received the offer all interview around 1.15? I am little bit worried that if they have already sent out all the offers for people who interviewed in that round...

Does everyone who has already received the offer all interview around 1.15? I am little bit worried that if they have already sent out all the offers for people who interviewed in that round...

I interviewed on 23 January. I've also added my entry to the tracker for reference.

Back