• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Interviews and Decisions

Does everyone who has already received the offer all interview around 1.15? I am little bit worried that if they have already sent out all the offers for people who interviewed in that round...
interviewed on 1.16,no offer,so sad

Do you have the same deposit deadline on 02/25? No other programs will be releasing decisions by that time.

I do. I already knew I'd decline since I got accepted to a Master's in France that I prefer.
I think you may ask for an extension to Columbia, it's better than asking for an early decision to other program.

Can we expect more interview invites in the near future?
Just checked last year's trackers. Not likely since last year 90% of them interviewed in early Feb or before, though I did see 3 trackers saying they interviewed in early March. But if within next week you don't receive an invitation, I don't think you will get one. Some accepted trackers didn't post any interview date, but I'm not sure if that's because they really didn't get one or they just forgot to put it there.

So my 2 cents: chances for those who still haven't got an interview are very slim

When does Columbia send decisions? I interviewed mid Jan but haven’t heard back from them. Is it a reject or should still wait..? Any data points from last year would be helpful too

I got mine on the 11th of Feb, like several others in this thread. Deposit deadline was 2 weeks after the result, which is 25th in my (our) case. Some others seem to have received their decisions after 11th of Feb, so there might be a possibility for you to still hear back from them.

25th of Feb seems to be the first wave of deposit deadline as far as the data available on Quantnet shows, some of us may have decided to go elsewhere and forgo the deposit, thus freeing up some slots for the university to potentially admit more students. (Of course this may or may not be the case, only the admission officers would know)

I got mine on the 11th of Feb, like several others in this thread. Deposit deadline was 2 weeks after the result, which is 25th in my (our) case. Some others seem to have received their decisions after 11th of Feb, so there might be a possibility for you to still hear back from them.

25th of Feb seems to be the first wave of deposit deadline as far as the data available on Quantnet shows, some of us may have decided to go elsewhere and forgo the deposit, thus freeing up some slots for the university to potentially admit more students. (Of course this may or may not be the case, only the admission officers would know)
That’s helpful ! Thanks so much!! Any idea how they behavr historically?

That’s helpful ! Thanks so much!! Any idea how they behavr historically?
I don’t know about previous years, but I know 4 people (including me) in my class that will withdraw their offer, which means the odds of new offers is pretty high I think

Can't say I know anything about past years, since this is my first time applying. You may want to take a look at the trackers from past years.

Do you mean there was a second wave after Feb 11? Do you know the exact date of that wave? I thought Feb 11 was the only wave they have sent out so far...

Back