• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin Interviews Fall 2020

Hi all,

Does Princeton send out interview invites only once? Is everyone else rejected in silence ?

According to the posts here was only one wave of interview invites for round 1 this year...can anyone confirm this? Is Princeton still conducting/ sending out invites?

Any inputs will be helpful.

Same here. Still wondering if there would be another wave of round 1 interview

Yeah same here. Someone mentioned they sent out 100 invites in that first wave. So I'm expecting a rejection at this point.

There is barely any news/info regarding the interview within certain international student pools this year..

Princeton sent out another wave of invite last week, and the interviews are scheduled this week.

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to email them about the possible second interview as I've gotten an admission offer from Columbia? I still have two weeks until the deposit deadline, and I don't want to give the wrong impression by inquiring about my application status.

Anyone in (or have been in) a similar situation? Would appreciate any advice.

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to email them about the possible second interview as I've gotten an admission offer from Columbia? I still have two weeks until the deposit deadline, and I don't want to give the wrong impression by inquiring about my application status.

Hey, I am in a similar situation but with respect to Columbia and NYU. My deposit deadline for NYU is in two weeks and I’ve still not gotten an interview invite/admit/admission update from Columbia (I’ve sent them the optional video in my application though). I was planning on emailing them and asking them to expedite the decision process, idk if I should.

Hey, I am in a similar situation but with respect to Columbia and NYU. My deposit deadline for NYU is in two weeks and I’ve still not gotten an interview invite/admit/admission update from Columbia (I’ve sent them the optional video in my application though). I was planning on emailing them and asking them to expedite the decision process, idk if I should.

Yeah I'm a bit worried of coming across as unpleasant, given how some other programs explicitly tell (and subsequently remind) us not to call/email them about application status.

Could you please tell what is the amount of deposit generally?

USD4k for Columbia.

Yeah I'm a bit worried of coming across as unpleasant, given how some other programs explicitly tell (and subsequently remind) us not to call/email them about application status.
I remember reading at NYU page that we should ask them if such a case happens, so I assume others should be ok too. Or at least they should be mad for a genuine reason.

During my interview, it was mentioned that they would be conducting first round interviews until February 20th. She then said second round interviews would be sent out but are not necessary for admission and mentioned that some current students did not do a second round interview. I was also told that I would hear before February 28th due to some schools tuition deposit dates. Hope this helps.

During my interview, it was mentioned that they would be conducting first round interviews until February 20th. She then said second round interviews would be sent out but are not necessary for admission and mentioned that some current students did not do a second round interview. I was also told that I would hear before February 28th due to some schools tuition deposit dates. Hope this helps.
Can I ask when did you take the interview? Is it in Jan? Thanks!

Just received a second-round interview, haven't had first-round yet - so I think 2nd round is really to make sure your career interests align with purpose of the program, I didn't do quant stuffs in my past experience
Thanks for your information! Can I ask when is your second-round interview scheduled? Thanks!

Received 1st round yesterday, which is scheduled next week, and 2nd round interview today. I guess they are hurrying to catch up with the admission process.

Same here. I was told that the decision will not be out until first week of March and Columbia requires a deposit by Feb. 25th.

So I talked to a current student at Princeton and apparently Ms.Wendell has sent across a communication saying that if any candidate has an offer which has a deadline for the deposit before the April 15th, then they should request for an extension since most of the colleges have agreed on April 15th to be the deposit deadline.

Back