• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin Interviews Fall 2020

So I talked to a current student at Princeton and apparently Ms.Wendell has sent across a communication saying that if any candidate has an offer which has a deadline for the deposit before the April 15th, then they should request for an extension since most of the colleges have agreed on April 15th to be the deposit deadline.
Columbia refused to grant an extension and they basically say that the April 15th resolution only applies to programs with financial support. Columbia’s MFE is not among the list. Also, I am not sure if making the deposit forms a binding agreement with the school.

Last edited:
So I talked to a current student at Princeton and apparently Ms.Wendell has sent across a communication saying that if any candidate has an offer which has a deadline for the deposit before the April 15th, then they should request for an extension since most of the colleges have agreed on April 15th to be the deposit deadline.

To add on, this is the list of schools that have the above-mentioned agreement. https://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/CGSResolution_Nov2019Revision.pdf

However, the agreement only applies if you receive a financial support (e.g. fellowship/scholarship…) from the respective university. Not sure if Columbia offer falls under the category, but still can try and apply for extension.

Has anyone who had received their interview calls in Jan for Princeton heard back for an alumni interview?

I had an interview with Ms. Wendell in the first week of Feb. Haven't heard back for the second round alumni interview. Should I be worried?

I had an interview with Ms. Wendell in the first week of Feb. Haven't heard back for the second round alumni interview. Should I be worried?
I know someone who got in last year without alumni interview so I wouldn’t interpret that as an indication of rejection.

I see. All the best with your interview with an alumnus!

I interviewed on the second to last week of January, and haven't heard anything about a second interview.

Any idea about the acceptance rate after 2 interviews ?
I have no idea about the acceptance rate for people with two interviews.

It seems like nobody gets in without at least the first interview. If I remember correctly, they are doing about 120 first interviews. It appears they accept about 30 students.

If I remember correctly, they will finalize the decisions on March 3rd. They should communicate with applicants shortly after that.

For those without second interviews, I know 2 person that got in last year with just 1 interview, so don’t worry

Back