• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Interviews for MIT MFin Fall 2014 Entrance

I received a call this morning at around 8:50 AM EST. They told me I was admitted with the Dean's Fellowship.

I was told the same. But did you get something special on your online application about the fellowship? I can find nothing about the fellowship on my online application...

I didn't notice anything in the letter but I haven't really looked through the admit website since I do not plan to attend.

I was told the same. But did you get something special on your online application about the fellowship? I can find nothing about the fellowship on my online application...

I also got a fellowship offer, the person whom I talked to on the phone, Ms. Diane, said that the fellowship offer letter is handled by a different team, and they plan to send it out by the end of this week to our mailing address, so make sure yours is current. My acceptance letter also says nothing about the fellowship.

I also got a fellowship offer, the person whom I talked to on the phone, Ms. Diane, said that the fellowship offer letter is handled by a different team, and they plan to send it out by the end of this week to our mailing address, so make sure yours is current. My acceptance letter also says nothing about the fellowship.

Thank you so much for the answer. As a matter of fact, I am moving out in 3 weeks and I hope that I can get the fellowship letter before I leave.
I was kind of in the middle of sth when they called and I didn't ask more detailed questions.

I wasn't able to make it to the chat session regarding the waitlist today. Anyone mind sharing what was said? Did they say anything about how many people have been waitlisted or when we might hear back from MIT?

I wasn't able to make it to the chat session regarding the wait-list either. Did anyone attend the chat by chance and would be able to give some feedback?

Thanks!

For those admitted to the program: would you mind sharing how much time you have to answer to the admission offer?

Hey guys, I'm having hard time accepting admission to MIT. I want to pursue a very quantitative selection of classes and soon after graduation go into PhD....

MFin's program for next year narrowed down significantly. There are additional required courses which I am not interested in (i.e. Investments, Advanced Corp Finance). Also, the restricted electives narrowed down significantly (doesn't include Analytics of Finance II anymore).

So i'm stuck with a few more classes that are more on the finance side... I've taken MANY Econ and Finance courses during my undergrad and don't want half of the MIT's program to end up being a very detailed review... Anyone else in the same boat as I am, decision is due Friday? :/. I'd rather go to NYU or U of Chicago (they expanded the program for next year)...

Hey guys, I'm having hard time accepting admission to MIT. I want to pursue a very quantitative selection of classes and soon after graduation go into PhD....

MFin's program for next year narrowed down significantly. There are additional required courses which I am not interested in (i.e. Investments, Advanced Corp Finance). Also, the restricted electives narrowed down significantly (doesn't include Analytics of Finance II anymore).

So i'm stuck with a few more classes that are more on the finance side... I've taken MANY Econ and Finance courses during my undergrad and don't want half of the MIT's program to end up being a very detailed review... Anyone else in the same boat as I am, decision is due Friday? :/. I'd rather go to NYU or U of Chicago (they expanded the program for next year)...

Where did you see that about Analytics of Finance 2? It's still on the website..

Where did you see that about Analytics of Finance 2? It's still on the website..
I've been digging about the curriculum a lot! I talked to one of the directors too. The ADMIT webpage (not the general Sloan website) has a new list of restricted classes. It excludes a bunch of classes and adds Valuation class. But I really don't like being forced to take Investments and Advanced Corp Finance, waste of two classes :/

Also, the Analytics I is taught in Spring instead of Fall now. I don't really get it. I thought you need Analytics for other courses taken in the spring... Idk, I find it hard to accept the change in curriculum...

Thanks for the info FinanceApplicant, any idea when he got called? And Artur, just curious if you accepted your MIT offer?

I accepted my offer. I believe there are minimal to zero chances of getting in at this point. Even if someone drops out of the deposit. At least that's what I've been told. Good Luck!

I got in from the wait list. They called last Tuesday morning, asking me consider enrollment at Sloan.

Back