• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Boston MSMFT Interviews

Hi,

Has anyone received interview calls from BU?

Till last year a lot of interviews had taken place till now for the first round, but i dont see any updates yet this year. Is there a change in pattern this year?

Please update if anyone has heard anything from BU.

Hi,

Has anyone received interview calls from BU?

Till last year a lot of interviews had taken place till now for the first round, but i dont see any updates yet this year. Is there a change in pattern this year?

Please update if anyone has heard anything from BU.
This year BU includes interviews in the online application. There is a video essay section which is equal to an interview. Hope this helps.

I remember somewhere on the program website it is mentioned that for the 3 (I think) video essays, you essentially will have prompts generated on the spot and you’ll have some amount of time (less than 3 minutes if memory serves) to formulate and then provide a response. I believe BU is one of the only programs to conduct video essays in this way, though there could be some programs that I haven’t looked carefully at that do as well.

Columbia does it as well.
Do you know any sample questions that are likely to be asked in the video essay?

No, I do not, though I assume they would be of similar flavor to other schools. I think if you’ve done the heavy lifting with respect to other aspects of your application, you should be able to generate responses on the spot w/o knowing in advance potential prompts.

Which program at Columbia are you referring to? To my knowledge, neither the MAFN nor the MFE have a video essay component as part of the application, perhaps you are referring to the invitational interview for the MFE.

Back