• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Intro Programming Tutorials for Bloomberg and Interactive Brokers API

rholowczak

Director, Wasserman Trading Floor/Subotnick Center
Folks
I have been assembling a set of introductory tutorials for programming the Bloomberg API and the Interactive Brokers ActiveX API. Likely this is pretty basic stuff for readers of this forum but you may get some ideas from it. I am planning to expand both sets with additional languages (likely Python) in the near future.
Here they are:
Bloomberg API: http://holowczak.com/category/bloomberg/
Interactive Brokers API: http://holowczak.com/category/ib/

As always happy to hear your comments and suggestions for improvement.

Cheers,

Prof. H.

Folks
I have been assembling a set of introductory tutorials for programming the Bloomberg API and the Interactive Brokers ActiveX API. Likely this is pretty basic stuff for readers of this forum but you may get some ideas from it. I am planning to expand both sets with additional languages (likely Python) in the near future.
Here they are:
Bloomberg API: Bloomberg | Holowczak.com Tutorials
Interactive Brokers API: Interactive Brokers | Holowczak.com Tutorials

As always happy to hear your comments and suggestions for improvement.

Cheers,

Prof. H.
Unfortunately this is not updated. Does anyone know how to use C/C++ Interactive Brokers API? I can not find a good tutorial, an updated one!

I have done everything I was supposed to do with C++ API - IB, though I still can't make it to work properly
After compiling "successfully compiling -no errors-"
I press this, the green arrow
1606140339544.png

The program starts to execute, and it halts at this point, at the very beginning
1606140393947.png

It shows this alert
1606140445031.png

and the program halts, It is probably a very small bug, Is there something I am missing? maybe DLL or something
what ???? can someone enlighten me ? I will appreciate any feedback

Last edited:
More high frequency trading charts
Captura web_153313.jpeg

Attachments

• xsn 153313b.pdf
    422.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

Trader Workstation (TWS) API

The TWS API is a TCP Socket Protocol API based on connectivity to the Trader Workstation or IB Gateway. The API acts as an interface to retrieve and send data autonomously to Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers provides code systems in Python, Java, C++, C#, and VisualBasic.

Back