• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is it ok to deviate from chronological entry when detailing work experience in a resume?

Title pretty much says it all. I'm currently a freshman and will be applying to more financy (read: less quantitative) positions this summer, so I wanted to move a more relevant position ahead of where it should be based on reverse-chronological order. Is this ok, or strictly taboo?

i'd avoid it. you can probably draw attention to it by writing more underneath it.

One format I've used to accomplish a similar goal was to break it into two sections such as one titled "work experience" and another titled "other experience".....it might work for you depending on the nature of your jobs...for instance, I separate teaching experience from my finance experience

Back