• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is my profile good enough for UCB MFE Round 3 ?

Hi All,

Could someone please comment if my profile is good for UCB MFE Round 3 ?

1. GMAT - 710 (Q49, V36, AWA 5.5)
2. Work Exp - 3yrs ( Debt Capital Markets in a UK based bank),
6 months ( in a IT company post undergrad)
3. CFA Level 2 Cleared
4. Education -
PG - > MBA - Business Management (Finance & Marketing ) - XIMB, India
Undergrad - > Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics & telecommunication
5. Courses undertaken in undergrad and MBA - Statistics, Econometrics, Macroeconomics, Calculus, R tool, MATLAB, C++, Java, Unix

Should I consider improving my GMAT quant score ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
No need to retake GMAT.

CFA is a plus, it is better to take more AI and ML courses before applying so that they see you are preparing and it is the most important part of the application in my opinion.

If your GPA is around their median GPA of admits, you have a good chance imo.

No need to retake GMAT.

CFA is a plus, it is better to take more AI and ML courses before applying so that they see you are preparing and it is the most important part of the application in my opinion.
PDE and FDM as well?

I guess... I myself haven't taken PDE and FDM, but need to take this year. Do you have any advice of online courses?:)

Also, I would really appreciate if you could give a comment on how important are PDE's for financial engineering? (I am really new to this topic)

I guess... I myself haven't taken PDE and FDM, but need to take this year. Do you have any advice of online courses?:)

Also, I would really appreciate if you could give a comment on how important are PDE's for financial engineering? (I am really new to this topic)
I offer these online courses (student discount).

PDEs/FDM are important when you need performance but it is possible to go through life as a quant without using them.

And UCB assumes you have a good knowledge of them.

Last edited:
Back