• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is the course better for Uni adjacent to Big City

Since I have almost finished my Bachelor Degree in Math in Vietnamese (University of Science, HCMC), I plan to study Master of Quantitative Finance in Australia.

Does someone give advice that in which I should enroll?
I have thought of 3 options,
- Uni of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
- Uni of Western Australia (UWA) UWA Handbooks 2008 - Courses - Master of Financial Mathematics
- Uni of South Australia (UniSA) University of South Australia - Program DMQF, Master of Quantitative Finance (2008)

Is it a good idea to have a degree in UniSA ('cos the fee is the most affordable) and then move to Sydney for quant career after finishing?

Although I am not a very good student (just about 50/310 students), I highly interested in Quantitative finance.

Hope to receive your advice ^_^ :)

Students from VN and other southeast asian tend to gravitate to Australia, Singapore, Hongkong, Thailand for their oversea education for a host of reasons.
1) It's far easier to obtain student visa compared to US, UK, Canada
2) The tuition is much more affordable. In fact, those countries try to attract the students from neighboring countries by offering enticing scholarships, exchange programs. The governments also tend to give out many grants, scholarships to study in ASEAN.
3) It's convenience to fly back and forth between ASEAN countries as you don't need a visa, only a passport is sufficient. The low airline ticket (some cases a round trip cost less than $100) makes studying closer to home very attractive.

In all, I would think studying in Sydney makes sense for the same reason that studying in NYC makes sense if your want to work on Wall street afterward.

I also would suggest that you contact Mark Joshi (markjoshi.com). He teaches in AUS so he may know the local programs better than people on Quantnet.

Thanks for your advice ^_^ Sometimes, I am a bit furious as compare myself with the top 5% students in my department (most of them choose Analysis major) and since Vietnam security market has born for a few years, the word "quant" is still strange and hardly find an experts in this exciting area.

Back