• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

is the FinMath Career Fair in nyc annual?

MidasCFA

Rutgers MSMF Quantneter
I know the SIAM National FinMath Career Fair celebrated its seventh incarnation in 2007 and was held in NYU.

But do we have one in 2008? How come I haven't seen or heard of anything/website related to it?

:sos:

The Career Fair is an annual event, usually held on the last Friday of October. Information about the event is usually posted in July, and the registration deadline for the fair, which includes resume submission, is in mid-September.

The National Financial Mathematics Career Fair

STUDENT REGISTRATION
Student regisration starts today September 8th, so check back soon to register.

The National Financial Mathematics Career Fair

2008 PARTICIPATING COMPANIES
This is a list of the 2008 Career Fair Participants. If you would like to participate in the 2008 Career Fair, click here for the new online recruiter registration.
Dresdner Kleinwort
EWT, LLC
The Forum Group
Goldman Sachs
IJC Partners, LLC
Investment Technology Group, Inc.
JPMorgan
Options Group
Optiver US
Quantifi Solutions
Spot Trading LLC
SS&C Technologies Inc.

Hey dear John and other senior quantneters:

I heard that this year only full time jobs are offered through this event. Can people looking for internships also attend?

What is the best time to start looking for an internship during the course of a MFE/MSMF program? Will firms only hire people just about to graduate and with plenty of work experiences under belt? What about the ones among us who just started their program this fall?

This year, the career fair will be for full time jobs only.

Hey dear John and other senior quantneters:

I heard that this year only full time jobs are offered through this event. Can people looking for internships also attend?

What is the best time to start looking for an internship during the course of a MFE/MSMF program? Will firms only hire people just about to graduate and with plenty of work experiences under belt? What about the ones among us who just started their program this fall?

for internship, the best time is to start preparing for it now. Several leading financial firms wrap up their summer internship recruiting efforts by January, so it is not too early to start now and compile a list of potential target firms.

You are @ Rutgers right? you might want to start hitting the financial events circle in NY, be that one-day seminar, nightly quantitative chats organized by local schools, GARP events, countless events organized by various financial trade organization (one of my friend was at an option seminar yesterday), and start collecting business cards from fellow attendees ;)

Back