• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE " Italian Quantitative Finance Masters..which is better?

Hi everyone,
I'm a Statistics student at the University of Bologna and I'm writing here to ask you which of those two programs you think is the best for a Quant career and, since both programs are in english, you can help me out!
I want to underlying the fact that I want to try to enter to the Politecnico of Milano but, if they wouldn't accept me, I have two other options:
University of Bologna - Quantitative Finance or University of Milan - Economics and Finance with the Quantitative Finance curriculum.
Thank you for you attention.

Matteo

hey matteo,

are they best programmes in italy? what do you think of bocconi qrm if you wouldn't be paying a tuition?

how about france? i think paris good math schools that have very low tuition fees.

hey matteo,

are they best programmes in italy? what do you think of bocconi qrm if you wouldn't be paying a tuition?

how about france? i think paris good math schools that have very low tuition fees.
Unfortunately, in Italy there isn't any kind of ranking but yes, they should be some of the best.
As you said about Bocconi the problem is about the tuition and the problem with France is because they require to have some kind of French language ceritification.

Hi Matteo, as an Italian myself I feel your struggle, I am a student myself so take my advice with skepticism as it may be wrong, however I hope to give you a new perspective. Bologna's programme is clearly better in my opinion as more quantitative focused, however the real question is where do you hope to work afterwards? If you target top shops in london I am not sure this is doable with any of the 2, while a bank in milan would prefer the second option. I would recommend you to look at RSM, and in general some Netherlands' based uni, SSE or top Swiss uni, the tuitions are very low and they will give you great opportunities compared to the two italian masters.

Hi Matteo, as an Italian myself I feel your struggle, I am a student myself so take my advice with skepticism as it may be wrong, however I hope to give you a new perspective. Bologna's programme is clearly better in my opinion as more quantitative focused, however the real question is where do you hope to work afterwards? If you target top shops in london I am not sure this is doable with any of the 2, while a bank in milan would prefer the second option. I would recommend you to look at RSM, and in general some Netherlands' based uni, SSE or top Swiss uni, the tuitions are very low and they will give you great opportunities compared to the two italian masters.
Ciao!
I would prefer to work outside Italy or in Milan but i don't have any specific country or idea.
Do you think I will be able to work outside Italy with the Degree in Milan?
The problem with the universities outside Italy is that I should make GMAT and the deadlines are so near...

Back