• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

job prospects for 2012/2013

I was just curious as to what the job prospects are for MFE grads graduating in 2012/2013 year?

Risk field is growing sector .don't expect a change in Trading jobs because the collapse is still having an impact on stocks evolution.

Risk jobs are peaking right now. I think there will be jobs in risk reporting/research/technology as those seems to be areas of high turnover. There seems to be a demand in the area of algo trading so basically quant developers. There will be a demand for quant developers I believe. I think trading jobs will reduce. Traditional trading roles in banking are reducing everyday. With more automation and regulation there will be less need for traders and more for developers.*

* My opinion.

Back