• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Just took my GRE

hey so I just took my GRE today. I got 770 on quant and 590 on verbal. Is this competitive for top MSFE programs? I am an econ major and my undergrad GPA is 3.61 from one of the top 15 schools in the US. I have already taken all the math prereq classes for MSFE program. I am only aiming at top schools because I heard that bulge bracket firms only hire from these schools. Realistically, I rather have 800 on quant but will 770 prevent me from getting in? It's only 30 points different. Thanks!

Unfortunately an 800 is much different from a 770 because the thought is that it could have been so much more - and most top applicants will get an 800. Just retake it and get yourself an 800 so you don't have to worry about it when you apply.

Unless you have really really strong credential otherwise, 770 is a going to drag rest of your application down.

Back