• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Learning financial math for my own trading

Hello, geeks and math wizards.

I would like to have an advice. I had to take a break from trading due work reasons and trying to create a plan to get me back in the coming months.

I know that most of you study to get an employment as quant researchers, even though it's not my objective. I am just a Tech guy who wants to learn the quantitative approach for avoiding the curve-fitting of trading strategies. That's all.

I am wondering if I can find any course from a reputable company/institution to receive a training. Online training or good video series would be the best option. I am not into Options and Derivatives, my major interest is for directional trading for trading different asset classes like Commodities, Currencies, Stocks, and Indexes.

I was looking to learn on my own the program of the Financial Risk Manager - FRM or sign up for an MFE, but it seems that but will not help me based on my objectives.

I thought about Quantisti, an Indian training company, but I struggle to understand what they really teach over there. Unfortunately, most Indian companies just try to offer a cheaper rate since even a quarter of what a European and American universities charge represent a good profit for those start-ups.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards.

You are not going to get anywhere having a superficial understanding. Seem like you need a semi quant curriculum and name catch MBA would be the best route.

Hello, Philip, thank you for answering. I appreciate it.

I hope I do not give the impression of being lazy or looking for shortcuts, but as I said is not clear to me what route to take with regard my final objective.

Would you mind to link me any MBA course, so that I can look at the core topics?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

The first act of being not lazy is to do your own research than asking to be spoon fed !

Look at linkedin profiles and see what routes folks have taken to reach the goal you desire.

I am sorry Philip, but that comment makes no sense.

If I come here, is because I assume that I can find better people than me willing to give me an advice. If you did read what I posted, and I start thinking that you did not, I asked for a trustable institute, not to get comments that bring no value to this conversation.

If you do not want to share information or anything I asked is annoying to you, do not answer.

I am sure there are people here with the knowledge and the experience to answer my questions.

Kind Regards.

P.S: I apologise to the rest of the community, but such comments make the post useless for future readers.

Back