• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

List of UK Financial Engineering Programs

Here is a tentative list that I make with names and link to the programs website. Please contribute to this thread with any info. I would love to hear if I miss any program or anything is incorrect.
City, University of London, Bayes Business SchoolMathematical Trading and Finance
City, University of London, Bayes Business SchoolFinancial Mathematics
City, University of London, Bayes Business SchoolQuantitative Finance
Birkbeck CollegeQuantitative Finance with Data Science
Imperial College Business SchoolRisk Management and Financial Engineering
Imperial College LondonMathematics and Finance
King’s College LondonFinancial Mathematics
Kings' College LondonComputational Finance
Manchester UniversityMathematical Finance
Newcastle UniversityQuantitative Finance & Risk Management
Queen Mary University of LondonFinancial Mathematics
Queen's University BelfastFinancial Analytics
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)Financial Mathematics
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)Quantitative Methods for Risk Management
The University of ManchesterMathematical Finance
University College London (UCL)Computational Finance
University College London (UCL)Financial Mathematics
University College London (UCL)Financial Risk Management MSc
University of CambridgeMaster of Finance
University of EdinburghComputational Mathematical Finance
University of ExeterMathematical Finance
University of LeedsFinancial Mathematics
University of LondonFinance (Quantitative Finance) Distance Learning
University of ManchesterQuantitative Finance
University of OxfordMathematical and Computational Finance
University of WarwickMathematical Finance
University of YorkMathematical Finance
University of YorkFinancial Engineering

Last edited:
Warwick's old course was Financial Mathematics, now it is rebranded (and there is a single course), Mathematical Finance.

Also, Imperial's MSc Statistics has a Statistical Finance stream, it could be worth including (in my mind I would include it over the RMFE course even).

Warwick's old course was Financial Mathematics, now it is rebranded (and there is a single course), Mathematical Finance.

Also, Imperial's MSc Statistics has a Statistical Finance stream, it could be worth including (in my mind I would include it over the RMFE course even).
I see Warwick link going from Financial Mathematics to Mathematical Finance.
There is also another Warwick Mathematical Finance program it seems here MSc Mathematical Finance
Can you please let me know they are all the same meaning they may have different webpages but essentially Warwick has only one program?

I see Warwick link going from Financial Mathematics to Mathematical Finance.
There is also another Warwick Mathematical Finance program it seems here MSc Mathematical Finance
Can you please let me know they are all the same meaning they may have different webpages but essentially Warwick has only one program?
Yes they are - the course is jointly taught by the business school and statistics department, each has their own page on the course.

Yes they are - the course is jointly taught by the business school and statistics department, each has their own page on the course.
I updated the name of Warwick on the Tracker.
If you see any missing UK programs from the Tracker, please let me know and I will add them.

Lse also has financial statistics which is under the stats department, but not sure if it can lead to quant jobs.

Lse also has financial statistics which is under the stats department, but not sure if it can lead to quant jobs.
I have a feeling that these UK programs do not have as strong a dedicated career service for MFE graduates compared to their US counterparts. Anyone familiar with the UK programs please share any insight if they can.

I have a feeling that these UK programs do not have as strong a dedicated career service for MFE graduates compared to their US counterparts. Anyone familiar with the UK programs please share any insight if they can.
Yes I don't know of any program that has a dedicated career service just for one specific course. Usually they just make use of the university wide career service or at best have one for the whole department e.g. through the business school. Bear in mind UK courses are much much cheaper than the US.

Not surprising. There will be a UK ranking this year and from the initial data I gather, too many programs for a very few applications.
Thanks Andy! Will it be possible to share some early stats for this upcoming cycle for the uk progs? I think itd be really useful for applicants like us!

Thanks Andy! Will it be possible to share some early stats for this upcoming cycle for the uk progs? I think itd be really useful for applicants like us!
We are very early in the planning stage for such a huge undertaking so it will take some time before any data is available. It will be exciting to see how the final ranking takes shape.

Back