• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Looking for advice on Course selection

Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions on whether I'm being realistic with uni selection.
Here's some profile indicators:

Undergrad - 8.3/10 ( ECE, from top 50 college in India)
GRE - 165 Q/160V ( hoping to making a jump on quant in August)
Work Ex - 2+ yrs spilt over Credit Risk roles and Data Engineering with a credit card company
Intended field of work : Credit Risk Management & Financial Analytics, Quantitative Analysis, Portfolio Management, Data Science & Analytics in Fin/Fintech firms
Pre req : Have C and IT courses in Undergrad with decent grades, have math 1 & math 2 covering majority of UG calculus but no prob/stat coursework in UG
Also have demonstrable experience in working with Python, R and SQL but at a professional level

Programs I'm currently looking at :

1) Looking at MFE to bridge gap in education and help get to some of above roles,

Questions:
1) Is Quant too low for top programs?
2) How can I manage to cover up pre-req for apps?
3) Am I wasting my time here applying to MFE?

Programs :

1625424599770.png

2) Masters in Business Analytics : Looking to use this as a mech to target primarily Credit & Fraud Risk role and Data Science opportunities

1625424699827.png

Questions :
1) Any quant based paths from MSBA?
2) Any suggestions on Uni selection here?

Looking for advice on course and uni selection, plus possible suggestions for profile improvement
Super appreciative of any help and sorry for the long post.

I think you have a great profile, but you you need to think through, do some soul searching and have clarity on career progression.

Simply put, you pursue an MFE to learn various tools from mathematical & computational finance to build/maintain valuation models, pricing and market making tools used by the front-office.

Back