• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Looking for Good Headhunters

If you are a headhunter please pm me. I'm looking for a job, got 6+ years exp in New York and would be happy to pay a good finders fee or first months salary from my side too.

Thank you

Just sent your CV and all attachments to as much as headhunter you know. Build network!

IMO, this is a horrible advise!
May be this is obvious, silly, ridiculous, and everyone already know. It is basic probability theory, if the more you try, the more your chance.
I just make he think about basics solution first.
I think this is works, at least for me. I got my current job based on application to a headhunter firm 8 months before I get the offer.

May be this is obvious, silly, ridiculous, and everyone already know. It is basic probability theory, if the more you try, the more your chance.
I just make he think about basics solution first.
I think this is works, at least for me. I got my current job based on application to a headhunter firm 8 months before I get the offer.
Carpet bombing headhunters will get you to have your resume submitted multiple times and it will be downhill from there.

Carpet bombing headhunters will get you to have your resume submitted multiple times and it will be downhill from there.
Exactly! And if an potential employer receives your CV from more than one headhunter, your CV will land into waste paper bin, because it is my easier than to clarify which headhunter gets fee and so on.

Moreover, a bad hadhunter (and 99% are bad) actually brings negative value. You, yourself can (and should) write a custom cover letter in context of the position you apply for.
But headhunter are laymen in your domain, i.e. I have experienced as they mess Java and JavaScript and are not aware that interest modeling and fixed income skills are essentially the same.
And last but not least, employers , ceteris paribus, always prefer the direct applicants because headhunter fees are not negligible (about 20% of annual wage is not uncommon) .

CV appearing multiple times at hiring managers desk (coming from various HH's) may imply that you are desperate. Last year (before I started my PhD), I was told by a Head Hunter that if my CV arrives in a company from 3-4 different sources (HH's), I will be rejected straight away. Apparently they don't like "desperation", also way too many of them is incapable of telling you what the difference is between MA and MSc.

Exactly! And if an potential employer receives your CV from more than one headhunter, your CV will land into waste paper bin, because it is my easier than to clarify which headhunter gets fee and so on.

Moreover, a bad hadhunter (and 99% are bad) actually brings negative value. You, yourself can (and should) write a custom cover letter in context of the position you apply for.
But headhunter are laymen in your domain, i.e. I have experienced as they mess Java and JavaScript and are not aware that interest modeling and fixed income skills are essentially the same.
And last but not least, employers , ceteris paribus, always prefer the direct applicants because headhunter fees are not negligible (about 20% of annual wage is not uncommon) .

Head hunters get paid in the following way:

1. They put u forward for a position (interview)
2. You pass an interview and get a job (HH still did not received their money/fee from the company that hired You)
3. After 1 month HH is entitled to e.g. 20% of 20% of your annual salary (this is not taken from your salary BTW, it's calcualted on the basis of it but paid by the company)
4. After 2 months HH is entitled to 40-50% of the 20% of your annual salary
5. After 3 months (if you are still working there) the HH will receive full 20% fee based on your annual salary, from now on HH doesn't care whether you like your job or not, for the HH you can quit right away cos they have already got their fee.

Basically, once the HH gets u an interview and u will get this job, the HH will do everything to make sure you stay in that job until they are paid full fee. If you quit after a month, the HH receives only a partial fee (e.g. if u quit in less than a month, the HH gets nothing), only after 3rd month the HH gets paid in full.

Back