• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN MAFN wait list response - heard back from them?

Hi,

I was asked if I'd like to be placed on the wait list of the MAFN program. They asked me to email them back if I'd like to be placed on the wait list. Did anyone else email them and ask to be placed on the wait list too? And did you hear back from them confirming that you've emailed them and that in fact you have been placed on the waitlist? I haven't heard back from them yet and the deadline to respond is tomorrow.

Thanks

didn't they offer you MSOR?

MSOR is for MSFE applicants. I think for MAFN, you will either be placed on MAFN waitlist and not referred to MS Stats or won't be placed on waitlist and referred to MS Stats directly.

@Joe Yu, That's correct. If you accept the wait list status, they won't send your application for the statistics review.

@Andy, is it because Columbia's MAFN isn't the top priority of most of the best applicants, so they anticipate many will decline their offers? Maybe there are just so many programs available as it is and less people in the pool willing to take on these programs.

thanks

LeBlancDan

I have been waitlisted too. On the page that showed my application decision, they asked me to accept the waitlist by clicking on a link. And then it confirmed that I have accepted the waitlist and my result will be out by late june.
What you can do is, check your decision again and try opening that link. Now it should say " thank you for accepting waitlist"
i hipe that helps

@sidharth

Hey, thanks for the response. Are you sure you aren't referring to Columbia MFE though? Because in my decision letter there was no link, but instead it asked me to email them saying:

"Please let us know if you wish to accept wait list status by April 23. You should email your response to us at: gsas_apply@columbia.edu using “Wait List Response” as the subject of your email. In the text of your message, make certain to include your full name, department, date of birth and Applicant Number A000964897. If you elect to remain on the wait list, your application will not be sent to the Department of Statistics for review."

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has received a final admit or reject after being waitlisted in MAFN? If anyone can throw some light on the chances of waitlisted candidates, it would be great. I still don't understand the logic in keeping so many candidates on a 'short waitlist'.
Thanks

has anyone known when would the mafn program given their final decision?
I have completed my application for almost 2 months and still get nothing from them~
I would appreciate if anyone can answer my question.
Thank you

Hi guys,

I have accepted an offer for this MAFN programme. However due to some unforeseen circumstances, I will not be able to attend in Fall. Is there any penalty charges for pulling out, or would I be black listed by the School?

Can someone advise me who I should inform? I wish I can free up my place for others who are still waiting to hear from them. But I want to do this the correct and polite way.

Fish

Back