• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master Programs in Europe

Hello,

I'm pretty new here and this is my first post!
I am a recent graduate looking to start a masters degree in Financial Engineering in Europe.
After searching the forum I only found some information about a couple of the top European Universities such as ETH and Imperial. Also, except for this helpful link, I found no complete list of the courses offered in Europe, so I created a spreadsheet with all the master degrees in Europe. I have included all masters with the following titles: Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance, Computational Finance, Financial Mathematics and a couple similar ones.
I thought that I would create this post so that alumni or other people informed about these masters could provide information to help future applicants such as myself.
Any comment concerning factors such as school reputation, main focus of the program, connection with industry, scholarship possibilities etc. would be helpful.
Perhaps we could complete the excel and upload it in a more formal post.

Thank you for your help,
(Please excuse possible mistakes)

~~~List of Universities/ Programs~~~
upload_2018-1-20_18-27-49.png

upload_2018-1-20_18-28-11.png

Yes, I am also very interested.

Does anyone know anything about Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science degree at TU Munich? TUM is a great uni. in general, I just don't know anything about this programme.

I'm Belgian. Business engineering in Solvay and HEC Liege are NOT quantitative finance. These are Belgium-specific programs which offer basics in sciences such as physics, chemistry, electricity, etc in combination with economic/finance courses.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm pretty new here and this is my first post!
I am a recent graduate looking to start a masters degree in Financial Engineering in Europe.
After searching the forum I only found some information about a couple of the top European Universities such as ETH and Imperial. Also, except for this helpful link, I found no complete list of the courses offered in Europe, so I created a spreadsheet with all the master degrees in Europe. I have included all masters with the following titles: Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance, Computational Finance, Financial Mathematics and a couple similar ones.
I thought that I would create this post so that alumni or other people informed about these masters could provide information to help future applicants such as myself.
Any comment concerning factors such as school reputation, main focus of the program, connection with industry, scholarship possibilities etc. would be helpful.
Perhaps we could complete the excel and upload it in a more formal post.

Thank you for your help,
(Please excuse possible mistakes)

~~~List of Universities/ Programs~~~
View attachment 22683
View attachment 22684

Oxford
Warwick
LSE
Edinburgh
Ecole Polytechnique (Lausanne)
ETH
University of Amsterdam

------------
All of these are good in terms of who firms tend to recruit from. Solid course material as well.

Back