• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master studies, what should i go for?

Hi guys,

I am a 20 year old undergraduate at a German business school. Currently I am studying business administration in my second year, but I dont want to pursue a master in that field. I am more interested in mathematics and quantitative modules. Right now i am an intern at a German bank in their quantitative engineering group and i feel like that is the place where i see myself in the future. I also did a quantitative trading internship which I liked a lot, but in regard to both internships I felt like a business administration master wouldnt get me there. The people there told me I should study math or quantitative finance in my masters, but i didnt really know if i would be able to study mathematics for my masters when i started with a business administration bachelor. Was anyone in a similiar situation after/during their bachelor? In general: What would you suggest to go for as a master: pure mathematics or smth like quantitative finance? I have really good fundamentals in mathematics,physics and statistics but I dont quite know if i am capable of studying pure mathematics without a bachelor in that field.

I am deeply grateful for practical suggestions and shared experiences.

Back