• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE MFE Admitted Fall 2008

Hi Everyone,

Feb 1 turned out to be very special for me. Well Jan 1 would have been an ideal day for the events but better late than never. It started late in the night ...10PM India Standard time to be precise.Prof Dan called me and told me that I was admitted to Baruch's MFE(Fall 2008). There was only one word to describe the feeling -"ecstasy".
It took me a day or two to come to grip with what has happened.
Will be bugging you all a lot more with all my queries now and looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi, Sachin:

Congratulations : ) It was indeed great excitement when I was told being admitted by Baruch on the phone. I still remembered that midnight last year.

We will be happy to be bothered by you : P Look forward to seeing you in this summer.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! See you over the summer

Thanks everyone for your wishes.Looking forward to meeting all of you in person.

Hi Sachin,
A big congratulations!!!
When did u submit ur application? Actually I am also applying in Baruch for MFE. I am planning to submit my application by this weekend. Somebody told me that I am quite late in doing so and most of the admit decision@baruch has already been taken..:( so jst wanted to know.
Wish u all the best!
Thanks

Somebody told me that I am quite late in doing so and most of the admit decision@baruch has already been taken..:( so jst wanted to know.

I don't think this is true. You can apply up to the deadline without bias.

Somebody told me that I am quite late in doing so and most of the admit decision@baruch has already been taken..:( so jst wanted to know.
It's 100% false.
That somebody tried to eliminate a competing applicant. I can't blame them. One less competitor, more hope for them.
I can also tell you that only very few have been admitted to Baruch thus far. Very few as in you can count on your ...
The bulk of the competition comes at the end of the deadline April 30. That's when things get very interesting.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I think I am too late to apply MFE this year,for I can not find the application link there.
Anyway,CONGRATULATIONS for you all and wish I can see you all next summer.

another one got lucky

Hi,

This is Praveen from India. I also got into Baruch. I had a second interview with Prof. Dan last week and he congratulated me on becoming part of Baruch Family.
I was touched by his "Looking forward to be your instructor". However, Iam equally excited to meet each and every Baruch alumni who will share their invaluable inexperience with me and make this journey smooth and enjoyable.

Looking forward to having a good/challenging time.

Thanks
Praveen

Thanks Andy and Woody for your replies and clearing my doubt!!
However I will try to submit my application soon.
Bbye

This is Praveen from India. I also got into Baruch. I had a second interview with Prof. Dan last week and he congratulated me on becoming part of Baruch Family.
I was touched by his "Looking forward to be your instructor". However, Iam equally excited to meet each and every Baruch alumni who will share their invaluable inexperience with me and make this journey smooth and enjoyable.

Looking forward to having a good/challenging time.
Niceee. Big congrats to you. And welcome to Baruch family.
You may be lucky but you have to be very good to get in at Baruch. If I apply again, I'm not sure if I can compete with you guys grade-wise, experience-wise. You can say I was lucky then :)

So Dan will be teaching next year ? You are lucky. I miss him already ;)
I will be Baruch MFE alum Class of 2008 by the time you got here and definitely look forward to seeing all the new students.

You can be sure about a good/challenging time ahead. The program will provide all the challenges you can handle. Woody will provide all the fun you want in the forms of his monthly parties :cheers:

This reminds me that I gotta get Dan to organize a trip to Yankees home game for all the current/incoming students and alumni. It's about time !

"Hi Sachin,
A big congratulations!!!
When did u submit ur application? Actually I am also applying in Baruch for MFE. I am planning to submit my application by this weekend. Somebody told me that I am quite late in doing so and most of the admit decision@baruch has already been taken..:( so jst wanted to know.
Wish u all the best!
Thanks"

Hi Kaylee,

Thank you for your wishes.Andy/Woody are completely right.I'll share a bit of an insider information with you. Prof Dan actually shared with me the number of students that had been admitted.And it's a small number(Not sure if I ca tell you the exact number here).So, I'll suggest you apply soon and wish you all the luck.

Andy,

Is Quantitative Methods and Modeling from Zicklin School of business the same thing as Financial Engineering from Weissman School of Arts and Sciences?

This is a little bit confusing.

I think the Master QMM is geared more for a career in operations research, within a wider business context. MFE is trained to target strictly a career in finance.

congratulations Sachin and Praveen... welcome to Baruch.

looking forward to meet you both....

have fun & keep posting :)

Back