• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE MFE Admitted Fall 2008

Anshul:

Have you been to Mars? Where are you, man ;)

Look forward to seeing you too.

Thanks

Thanks Andy for your encouraging remarks:)

@Anshul and Rachit...Thanks for the wishes.

Looking forward to meeting you guys...

Congratulations to all....

All those who have got admits, i request them to kindly post their profiles here so that other aspirants like me can gain a lot of understanding on the kind of profiles Baruch is looking out for.

Once again i wish the best of luck to all those who have conquered this uphill task.

Congratulations to all....

All those who have got admits, i request them to kindly post their profiles here so that other aspirants like me can gain a lot of understanding on the kind of profiles Baruch is looking out for.

Once again i wish the best of luck to all those who have conquered this uphill task.

The profiles will be posted eventually. I think there are threads already in the forum with a mini-bio of each of the current students. If you do a search you will find them.

Hello Everyone,

i know i am a bit late.
But better late than never ;)

Actually got an admit a few days back...so here i am amongst all of you.

Aditya Chitral
Computer Science - Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.

Hi guys ...

I got admission into Baruch last Thursday after having the 'talk' with professor Dan. I would say I am extremely happy. I have been around here for quite a while but never posted any except specific queries i had. I look forward to interacting with all of you.

Bhargav

thanks andy...

btw...left a private message in your inbox..

i would be glad if you could reply to that...

amm....i dont know whether this is the right place to say this...
but i am taking my chances ;)

bhargav, sachin, pawan....can i get your email ids..yahoo or gmail....

Andy,

When do classes start? August or September (beginning or end).

Thanks

Alain

I don't think it is feasible for me to attend refreshers as I am international student. But i would love to know from you guys as to what would be covered in these courses. Atleast I can brush up undergrad math and C++. I cannot start this until June as I am preparing for CFA L2.
Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Ahh....I appreciate the point made by bhargav....

We would really wish to know what precisely would be covered in the refresher courses....

Andy and other seniors

I got the following email fromInternational Student Service Center.

In order to process your SEVIS I-20, we need the followingsupportive documentation:

-Original bank statements translated into English showing a minimum of $29,881.00, not older than 3 months and in U.S. dollar equivalent. An Affidavit of support.

-Proof of income from all contributing parties.

-Copy of your valid passport (identification page).

FAQ in website cites that entire amount to be shown to get I20 is 57,800$. Which one is
the correct number? According to the email, I can show 30000$ and still could get I20. But i dont want to take any risk of going through this painful process twice. What do you suggest me to do?

Thank you very much
Bhargav

show $57,800 and you will be ok. Do a search on Quantnet. There are plenty of comments regarding this topic.

Hi ,

This is what I did. I showed liquid assets (i.e cash funds) of around 60KUSD. In addition to this ,I sent an affidavit of support from my parents and also my father's annual income on a letter head.

Back