• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MFE application

Hi,

I just got my GRE scores (Q:166,V:152:) and I have a 2.5 years of professional experience. But I have a very low CGPA. Can you advice me on which universities I can apply in or which ones do I have a chance of getting accepted?

Thanks

I have worked as a software developer for a High Frequency Trading software vendor for about 2.5 years. I have a decent knowledge of the market dynamics and have developed a few algo strategies as well.
I graduated from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (Electrical Engineering) in 2012 but with a very low CGPA (5.5/10).
Should that be enough?

Top 5 would be very difficult. (Solely looking at the scores)
IIT + work-ex is your bonus point here which gives you a great shot at other universities.

Any other questions or assistance, feel free to PM me.

Back