• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering.
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job.
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models.

MFE/MFin | Profile Evaluation | Fall '21 Admissions

Zaurald

Hello everyone,

I am an MFE aspirant looking forward to apply for the fall '21 admissions. I want to have my profile evaluated and would love to hear your recommendations where you think I can work towards my profile.

• Education: B. Eng. in Electronics and Telecommunication (reputed institute) with CGPA: 8.5/10 (~3.7 on US scale)
  • Work Ex: 2 years as a Data Scientist - projects on regression, deep learning, NLP across multiple business industries (languages: Python, R, Matlab, SQL, and other big data platforms and querying languages)
  • Finance-related Exp: Certification in Algo Trading & Computational Finance (NSE, India), relevant finance courses online (e.g.- Financial Engineering - Columbia Univ), currently working towards development of an algorithm using RNNs for spot market
  • Extra-curricular: have plenty of them - ranging from fields like entrepreneurship to certificate of excellence by United Nations
  • GRE - not taken yet, but well aware of the requirements

My major concern is relevant finance experience. My short-term goals are focused towards working in HFs/AMs post MFE (inclined towards algo trading roles).

Would my profile be a good fit for top programs in the US (like Baruch, Princeton, UCB, Stanford etc.)?

I would really appreciate feedback and suggestions. Thanks!